Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Monday, August 20, 2007

Lies My Teacher Told Me


At the same time I'm reading Al Gore's new book, "The Assault on Reason," I'm also reading "Lies My Teacher Told Me," (1996) by James W. Loewen. "Lies" is an amazing read. I'm learning some incredible things I might have had only a glimmer about. It's really sad that we have dumbed-down and sanitized our American history so badly. Who knows what might be happening today if everyone had a fuller sense of where this nation has been and all the warts that we have covered up over the years.

As a blurb on Amazon said, "A Must Read for any Student of American History." I would add that this book is a must-read for EVERYONE!

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching