Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's the little things

A cold front blew into Houston last night and dropped the temperatures by 10 or 15 degrees. Good thing. Recently, the LOW temp has been around 69 degrees, and the NORMAL HIGH for this time of year is 62, and the normal low is around 42. It was a breath of cool, fresh air blowing in last night.

So, naturally, this morning, I dropped the top on the convertible to drive to work. Ahhh, turn on the heater, crank up the music, and it's a little bit of heaven. Fortunately I live pretty close to work now, so the drive is not long and I NEVER have a traffic jam.

This morning my lovely wife simply left her rolling bag that contains her purse, drivers license, money, make-up, etc., that is, all the crazy shit that women carry around with them) at home instead of taking it to work. Left it right there in the garage. I think I distracted her when I grabbed her ass. Once she got to work, she called me up in a panic, and so I drove home, got the bag, and drove out to her job (also not far). Dropped the top again, cranked up the music, it's just too good, even with Bush still in the White House.

That it's. An icy breeze. Heat on the heater. The Hellecasters and Pat Metheny on the CD player. Life is good, even if Bush is destroying the world. Grab what little pleasures you can, while you can, because we'll all be dead. Soon enough.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching