Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Say Hello To My Little Friend

My new Buddy!! This one is mine!


We picked it (Genuine Sccoter Company's "Buddy 125") up today from
Scootersmith in Houston. Thanks to the pain that a lot of the country is experiencing due to high gasoline prices, Steve at Scootersmith is likely to be very, very busy and make a nice pile of dough. Just goes to show: one man's ceiling is another man's floor.

Here are a few of Buddy's buddies, lined up outside Scootersmith. RIDE ME!

Wow, the odometer shows 1/2 mile. Brand-spanking new.



Close-up of my Buddy. Normally people seem to call their machines "her" or "she." This Buddy is a dude. A somewhat...slow....dude. But a good guy.

The drive home from Sccotersmith put six miles on the scooter. That six miles will probably be THE longest I will drive Buddy, period. My commute to/from work is about three miles. Doing the math - averaging 90 miles/gallon, three miles round-trip, that's about 30 round-trips for the price of one gallon of gas. Let's just say $3.50/gallon, and that comes out to about $0.12 per round-trip. 6 cents of gas to get to work.


Indeed, when I filled Buddy up (the tank holds only 6.4 liters), it took about six SQUIRTS of gas from the pump. Such a small tank,
you can't just squeeze the pump handle, lock it, and look away. Just a squirt here. Another squirt. One more squirt oughta do it. Hahaha. I'm getting to work on a squirt of gas. Literally. I'm ready for $10/gallon gas. If it goes up that high, my round-trip would cost me about $0.30. Ouch. Here is a rare pic of yours truly with his new Buddy.


Sorry suburbanites. I'm not trying to be rude. (Just comes naturally!) We were out there for 20 years, so we know what it's like. So we're a little slow. We finally came to our senses.

One more, from the rear. Oh dear!


Learn more about the Genuine Buddy here.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching