Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, January 22, 2010

Home Instead

My 83-year old father is starting to exhibit some ... elderly issues. Memory impairment is a pretty spooky thing, for everyone involved. He still recognizes everyone, as far as I know, but his memory just ain't what it used to be.

We - I and my siblings - are trying to accomodate his wishes to stay in his own home, but we are slowly marching towards the nursing home or assisted-living center, I think.

Home Instead is the agency that we are planning to employ to help him to stay in his own home, instead of going to some other home, whether that other home is the home of one of his children or a home...as in assisted-living home.

This is a pretty tough time. I never would have thought it, but I have broken out in some hives lately, and since I can think of no new biological agent that we might have introduced into our lives, such as new soap or detergent, etc., I think these hives are stress-related. Fortunately, Benadryl removes my urge to scratch. CHILL. OUT.

Hey, it's time for some yoga....

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching