Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Art in the Park

The wife and I attended the 6th Annual Midtown Art in the Park this past Saturday, April 14 in Baldwin Park in Houston.  We got lucky and had a great weather day.  (Click each pic to get a larger image.)



There were probably more artists booths at this event than any previous event....


but there is still a lot of space left in Baldwin Park to house more artists.  


The park has several massive oak trees.  It's a really nice park.


There was some really great art and crafts on display.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  We didn't buy anything this time around.  




Next year, the wife & I might just opt for a booth and display some of her (and my?) stuff.  You know, I think I said that last year around this time too.

This year, they invited a few local Art Car's to hang out in the Park for the day.  The Zebra Car is an eye-catcher.





....why stop with just the outside??




Here's an odd one, and not exactly a "car."




...and here's one of my favorites.  No, not the Hen.  I have no idea what it's called ...."overload?"



front view...



side view....



inside...



rear view ...


from ... somewhere ...



Yes, of course there is an Art Car Museum in Houston.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching