Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, June 11, 2016

the rape letter

stupid shit Brock Turner
The woman better-known as the "Stanford rape victim" wrote a long and powerful letter directed at her rapist, Brock Turner. She read it in court, and it's gone viral everywhere else. Find it here.

one snip

He is a lifetime sex registrant. That doesn’t expire. Just like what he did to me doesn’t expire, doesn’t just go away after a set number of years. It stays with me, it’s part of my identity, it has forever changed the way I carry myself, the way I live the rest of my life.


At least that is SOME consolation.

It's bad enough that ANY woman gets raped. It's a little shocking to learn that, at some point in their lives, one in every five women will be the victim of an attempted or completed rape. And one in TWO will be subject to some form of sexual violence other than rape! Those stats are from the good ol' US of A.

And then we get THIS GUY! 

What fucking animals we are! Literally! Did you know that one of every ten rapes in this country is male-on-male?

We consider ourselves to be a relatively civilized country!  With numbers like that? Compare rape stats by country here. Already a global embarrassment, women have it even worse in several other countries.



No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching