Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Caught a virus

No, not a computer virus.

One of those old-fashioned, I feel weak, wanna sleep, diarrhea-type viruses. Fortunately, there's been no retching, but if that would help the virus get outta town, I'd force it. I think that I have slept for 20 of the last 24 hours. And I've drunk, drank, whatever, a prodigious amount of water today.

It's not so much a PAINFUL thing as it is feeling totally run-down. On those occasions when I simply HAD to climb a flight of stairs, it became real work. I actually stopped to rest mid-flight once today. If I'm feeling this way tomorrow morning, it's off to see the doctor.

Being sick sure makes you appreciate being well and healthy. Or, it should. How quickly we take it for granted again when we flush the illness out of our systems. I'll try to have more gratitude, though the world be crashing around our ears.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching