Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gardening Update

Aha!

I figured out how to upload pictures again, so that, when you click on the pictures in a post,  they will open in a new window, and you get a bigger picture too.  This will work, most times, with pictures that I have taken with my digital camera.  Other pics grabbed from the net should still open in a new window, but usually won't be as large.

Just bought a new camera, BTW, a Canon SD780IS.  It's very cool, and easy to use, especially considering it is another Canon, similar to, but better than, the most-previous camera I had.  That older camera recently vanished in the haze, e.g. I lost it.  Or it was stolen.  Perhaps some day I'll find it.  Good thing I had recently deleted most of the pictures!! 

What is extra-cool about the new camera is that, a month or so after I bought it, I noticed it selected as a "Product of the Year" in the digital camera category by MacWorld magazine.  That was very gratifying, considering that I had spent a fair amount of time researching the market and deciding upon that one.  

New cameras are really cheap these days, one of the few products that continues to drop in price.  Instead of looking and looking and looking for the old camera, I just bought a new one.  But suddenly, I could not upload pictures to the blog properly.  They wouldn't open into a new window.

Until I figured it out.   Now, it works again.  Go ahead and try it, with these recent pics from the garden.  (Yeah, yeah, I'll have to fix - and remove - the time stamp)

The blackberry bush is already flowering...


We recently planted two tomato plant seedlings  ... an unknown cherry tomato and a Valley Girl.  We just planted it, and we already don't know what it is!!
 

The red sails lettuce is going nuts, but it'd better hurry up, because the weather is getting warmer.  I wonder how it would do inside the house?



And, oh my goodness, the lemon tree is flowering already.  Can you just smell this incredible smell?  I guess "Smell-O-Vision" was just too much of a scientific hurdle.  So far....




...and that's enough for now.  We're still a long ways from producing all the food we need, but we're learning all the time.  (The real test: can we remember anything?)

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching