Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We have a cat


We did it. We finally got a cat. A kitten, actually. That picture up top is the new kitty.

We're calling her "LUNA" because she's a little bit crazy (what kitties aren't?) and I'm a Moon Child, and ... and ... and ... whatever.

One of my wife's co-workers found this poor kitty abandoned and pawing around a dumpster for something to eat. They "rescue" pets whenever they can, and took it for shots and a check-up and she's very healthy. And curious.

We'd been tossing the idea around lately of getting a pet. I'm a dog-man myself, and I've never owned a cat. Actually, no one owns cats, right? You just let them stay at your place. The wife was raised with cats, so she should know what she's doing.

So she sends me an email a couple of days ago saying that her co-worker had another rescue kitty and would we know anyone who might want it? She sends me a couple of pictures, including the one above, and asks, "Can I? Huh? Can I have it? Please, please, PLEASE?!"

And what am I supposed to say to that? Not being a total ogre, I gave in to the emotional blackmail and said OK.

So far, so good. Luna has only crapped all over the house once so far, and the wife only has a few deep scratches on her chest, but, beyond that, it's a nice kitty.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching