Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, March 2, 2014

country music

I want to know: what the fuck is going on with country music?

Not the music itself, but country music "stars".  Take Garth Brooks, for example:


Garth!  I hardly knew ye at all!  The biggest-grossing country artist ever and the second-biggest solo act after Elvis Presley, Garth loves President Obama!!  I wonder how quickly he will be excommunicated from the pseudo-Christian right-wing-nuthouse?

And then we have Carrie Underwood, arguably the most popular female country singer in the world, saying this, in the February 2013 issue of Allure magazine:

"I’m in favor of acceptance," the Grammy award-winning country superstar, who graces the cover of the women's publication, said in her interview.
"And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge."
Last June, Underwood caused controversy when she first spoke about her support for gay marriage, receiving backlash from some fans and the Christian community.
The "American Idol" alum, wed NHL player Mike Fisher in July 2010, said last year, "As a married person myself, I don’t know what it’s like to be told I can’t marry somebody I love, and want to marry."
She continued, "I can’t imagine how that must feel. I definitely think we should all have the right to love, and love publicly, the people that we want to love."


Maybe the Pope has been having a positive effect all over the place.  That sounds a lot like what the Pope said recently.  The hypocritical greed-headed Christians have been all over the Pope for these types of comments, so he must be doing something right.  

The Young Turks have a take on it:



No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching