Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, November 3, 2017

Astros win World Series!


For the first time ever, the Houston Astros won the World Series over the Los Angeles Dodgers, 4 games to 3. It was a thrilling series, a real roller-coaster ride. Moreso by the fact that I lived in Houston of and on for over 40 years and experienced quite a bit of frustration at the hands of the Houston Astros.

I'm so happy for the players and the citizens of Houston. One of the best parts was seeing Carlos Correa propose to his girlfriend on TV immediately after the Astros won Game 7. I was so moved I cried.


It's great to see Houston get some respect, even though the city is just a gigantic hodge-podge of a mish-mash of a traffic nightmare. It's funny that the Astros didn't win a World Series until the wife and I actually moved out of Houston after we retired in 2017. I am reminded that the Houston Rockets NBA basketball team didn't win the NBA Finals (against New York and the OJ Simpson white bronco) until the wife and I had moved away from Houston to Baltimore in 1994. Sports players (and fans) are pretty superstitious.

Re-live the thrilling series here.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching