Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fire and Fury

Oy, this book.

The wife recently purchased the digital version of Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff. What it kind of reminds me of so far is the feeling that I would get when I would read a Stephen King horror book. King could really instill fear and dread in his words, and I get that feeling reading Wolff about Trump.

I don't know if I will be able to finish the book. I'm on page 25 of 321 and I am nauseous. I had to put it down for a while. This guy is so disgusting and abhorrent, it seems like one of the crimes of the century that he was elected. Maybe there was no actual crime committed, but it feels criminal. He is debasing everything he touches. He spreads filth and hate whenever he opens his mouth. A more-distasteful character I do not believe the White House has ever seen.

A snapshot: Prior to election day, no one in Trump world thought that Trump was going to beat Clinton, including Trump himself. They were all certain he would lose. But when he actually won, what was his response? Not humility. No, it was to rub everyones face in it, as if Trump truly deserved to win. I guess seeing him for months prior, that response should not be surprising, but it's really fucking sad.


And the rubes out there will just love this kind of stuff: "Trump liked to say that one of the things that made life worth living was getting your friends' wives into bed." Then Wolff goes into detail about the kinds of things Trump would do to accomplish just that. I'm sure all the yahoos out there will just salivate over this. Getting your friends' wives into bed? Well, who hasn't fantasized about that?! 

After reading only 25 pages out of 321, I am so nauseated, I don't know if I will be able to finish it.

Gag. This piece of shit is the president.



No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching