Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Story of Fascism

Rick Steves, yes, that Rick Steves of the world of travel, put together an excellent primer, "The Story of Fascism" about five years ago. I somehow missed the release at the time, circa 2019, but I recently discovered it.

It's 56 minutes long, so it takes an investment of time, but it's very well done and worth it. Lots of footage that I had never seen before, and some interesting facts about Hitler, Mussolini and Franco of Spain that I was not aware of. 

If nothing else, it's a nice historical lesson, a recap of fascism and how it progressed dating back to the 1930's. You will notice multiple similarities to fascism in how Donald Trump acts in this modern era. 


No comments:

remember

remember

deja vu

deja vu

indeed

indeed

Probably

Probably

Delete Fox "News"

Delete Fox "News"

Smells really bad

Smells really bad

Applies to Trump

Applies to Trump

Trump is the enemy

Trump is the enemy

2024 Election

2024 Election

$132 billion

$132 billion

Remember

Remember

too true

too true

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.