Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, August 8, 2014

graduation

Today, August 8, my youngest niece graduated from college.  I suppose 100+ years ago none of my nieces and nephews would have even gone to college.  Nowadays, it's practically essential to getting a good job, but it's no guarantee.

As usual, we got away from Houston much later than originally planned and drove 175 miles in the dark to San Marcos, TX.  I hate driving at night.  That last 30 miles was on an intense 2-lane road and by the time I got to the hotel and laid down on the bed, I had a nasty vertigo attack.  

Not a great way to start a 10-day vacation.  I still felt "off" Friday morning and so didn't even attend the graduation or the celebratory lunch. Fortunately I was back to 100% by the afternoon.

Both of my nieces have told me that they will help take care of us in our old age.  Good thing, seeing as how we didn't have any children of our own. 

Getting old really sucks. 

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching