Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Across The Universe

Tonight the wife and I sat down and watched the movie, "Across The Universe." It was really good.

She got to watch it with several other family members when we were visiting up in Arkansas recently. I didn't get to see it then.

They took a bunch of Beatles tunes and wove a story around them, with the actors actually singing the songs. Vietnam. The '60's. MLK. Good treatment of some classic Beatles songs, with some pretty trippy shit thrown in. Highly recommended.

We were able to borrow the DVD from the Houston Public Library. There was a second DVD in the box, full of special features and about 10 of the songs from the film.

I laughed. I cried. I could not help but notice the difference in how America reacted to Vietnam, with protests blazing
, and how America is reacting to our presence in Iraq today.

What's that? Are we still "at war" in Iraq? Says who? Really?

Thanks David and Claire for introducing us to it. I don't think I was even aware that such a movie had been made. Oohh...I feel old. The official site is here.

She's so heavy. Bringin' Lady Liberty to foreign lands is a heavy job, but somebody has to do it.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching