Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, March 21, 2009

190 and dropping

Around early-December 2008, after gorging at Thanksgiving, the wife and I both noticed that our weight was a little too high. I topped the scales at 210 and she weighed in at 140. Considering that I am 5'11" and she is 5'2", both weights were just too much. Too high.

Fortunately for us, we have a treadmill and a Total Gym set up on the 4th floor, so we re-committed ourselves to exercising more and losing some weight.

Since that day in December, one of us gets up around 4:40am on a workday and put in 30 minutes on the treadmill. The next day, the other one does it. In the evening, one of us will put in 20-30 minutes on the Total Gym. On the weekend, we each will put in about an hour on the treadmill and some Total Gym. And we'll take either Saturday or Sunday off.

Here we are in late March, and I weighed in at 190 this morning. She hit 130. It's easier for me to lose the weight since I had more to begin with, but the difference is noticeable on both of us. I've dropped from a 38 waist to a 36, and she can now wear all those clothes she had put aside because they were too tight.

Ain't gonna stop here though. I want to drop another 10 and so does she. If we can maintain our discipline, we'll get there. Oh, and we also have been consciously cutting back on food portions and reducing the ice cream injections to only one or two per week (we were having ice cream almost every night - duh!).

Damn, we're starting to look pretty good, if I do say so myself. Of course, she always has looked pretty good to me. We sure feel better too.

This entry is not really put here to brag as much as it's a marker laid down to look back on. Anyone can do it. Just get off the couch. Push away from the table. You can do it.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching