Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Thursday, May 30, 2024

GUILTY!!!

On ALL 34 counts!! Happy happy joy joy! I'm feeling relief and happiness. 

Trump is FINALLY facing some accountability for his horrid, evil character. I had thought that Judge Merchan had dismissed the jurors after their second day of deliberation. The wife and I were over in McAllen running some errands, and I figured that Friday they would resume deliberations. But when we got home to the island, we got a text from wify's sister with GUILTY!!! on it. My faith is restored (somewhat) in our system of justice. It can be very slow, and it can seem like the accused gets too many breaks, but overall, it works. Trump is a master at delaying things and wiggling away. I'm sure Trump will appeal, and we know that there are some bad judges here and there (Aileen Cannon, anyone?) who will do Trump's bidding, but I expect this ruling to be upheld.  

So many people had been doubting that Trump would ever be charged with any crimes, but when he got charged, the argument changed to, well, Trump will never be convicted of anything. Now that he has been convicted, I fully expect the doomsayers to say, well, Trump will never serve a day in jail. I'm looking at you, DU!

This link will take you to the New York Times front page of May 30. It's gifted, so you don't need a subscription to read it. Gloat? Sure, why not? We deserve it, after suffering from the Trump effect for far too long. Throw this asshole in jail. Damn the elections. This nation is strong and can deal with it.




No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching