Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Monday, January 14, 2008

New iMac is awesome!

More personal shit? Hey, what happened to politics?

Anyway, this past summer I finally took a dip in the world of Apple and bought a 13" MacBook. Absolutely love it. Sure, the operating system is different than the Windows machines that I have used my entire computer-using life, but I can do every function I want to do quickly enough now. Plus, the thing weighs about two pounds and is ultra-portable.

My eight-year-old Dell (Windows) desktop has been slowing down in its old age and was in sore need of replacement. I've been on the Dell and HP websites playing with configurations over the last month or so, not pulling the trigger. It's obvious that the new Windows OS "Vista" still has quite a few bugs in it and I finally snapped. Why guarantee myself a bunch of grief working out the bugs in a Vista machine when I'm extremely happy with the Apple?

So, in the first week of January, I decided to go full-bore with Apple. Fuck Windows. Ordered a new iMac desktop and it was delivered yesterday.

Took that sucker home, opened up the box, and within 10 minutes, I was linked up to my home network, was on the internet, and the iMac found my wireless printer and I was already printing. No joke. This is how it ought to be! I probably won't go back to Windows. Sure, at work, we'll be using Windows, probably forever, so that will suffice for me to keep one foot in the world of Windows, but while at home, it's all Apple.

I would recommend Apple without reservation. Close those Windows, people. Take a bite out of that Apple. You won't regret it.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching