Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ohmigod, I did it!

I actually morphed into Mr HandyMan over the weekend and installed two new shelves in a closet in our house. Took the measurements, bought the wood, bought some primer and paint, wood caulk, nails, a level, and actually put them in over the weekend. I know, big deal, right? Hey, it's a big deal to ME and to the wife.

Of course, they're not perfectly square, because the house itself (and practically no part of it) is perfectly square, but caulking is good for covering that up.

We have a neighborhood hardware store not far from the house where we like to go. Their prices are a bit higher than the chains like Lowe's or Home Depot, but I'll gladly pay it for:
1) the convenience, and because
2) they have a ton of knowledgeable employees prowling the store helping people. Support your local retailers!

Sometimes it's damn near impossible finding a helper who knows what the fuck they're talking about at the big box retailers.

I'm not going for the swimming pool next, but I do have a glowing sense of accomplishment. It's those little things again. Now, if I could just find those window screens...

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching