Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back in Houston

Wow, what a climate shock, going from San Francisco to Houston. From cool afternoons and chilly nights in San Fran to sweltering nights and days in Houston.

I learned that, unfortunately, I cannot post completely to this blog via my smartphone, the Motorola Droid. Don't know why. I say "completely" because that previous post, "Leaving San Francisco" was in fact posted to the blog while sitting waiting for our plane in the San Francisco airport. I could create a post TITLE, but could not post any text, for some reason. Oh well. No great loss.

There was quite a long line in the San Fran airport, waiting to go through the metal detectors. When we finally got to the scanners, the wife piled everything into the gray boxes and was waved through the metal detector with no problem. An old lady got between the wife and me, and after she was waved through the metal detector, the TSA lady told her, "Go to #3." I then got waived through with no problem.

This old Anglo German grandma went into a small glass room, right there next to the metal scanner, in full view of everyone streaming through. As I began to gather my stuff and put my shoes back on, thread my belt, etc, I looked back and there is granny, with her hands up against one of the glass walls like a mime.

Is she going to be searched? Right there?

As the wife and I made it further down the concourse towards our gate, I looked back, and there is granny, still inside the glass box, taking off her jacket, and it looked like she was unbuttoning her blouse! I am certainly glad that the TSA is keeping all of us safe from old German grandmas!! Thank you TSA!!

But now we are safely ensconced back at home sweet home in Houston. It's great to get away, but it's great to get back home to your own bed and your own stuff. I'll put together a post or two about our travels in San Francisco. It was simply a great trip, damn near perfect. San Francisco is like another country!! It is absolutely awesome, but I would never want to live there!

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching