Farm Fest 2011Last Organic Outpost’s annual FarmFest will be on Saturday November 5, 2011!
This FREE family-centered event will be held from 10am to 4pm at 711 N. Emile, in the heart of Houston’s Fifth Ward, and will feature a short fitness fun walk, art, healthy food, music, children’s activities and lectures and demonstrations about sustainable gardening and lifestyle practices.
The Last Organic Outpost is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization maintaining the farm at 711 N. Emile and dedicated to creating a sustainable urban farm belt and “food everywhere” gardens in Houston's underserved inner city.
For the past 11 years we have been developing and running model projects in Houston’s Fifth and Third Wards, some of our city’s largest food deserts. We have worked with children from St. John’s Bread of Life, from Prairie View A&M, mother’s groups, team building groups, various religious groups, and Life is Living.
Some of the other programs and work we do:
- Individuals can work with us, and receive fresh produce in payment.
- Free produce for our elderly neighbors near the Farm who cannot work.
- Free cooking demonstrations and tastings at the Farm.
- Classes, grade school to college, on farming, vermiculture, and nutrition.
- Free or low cost, hands-on, gardening classes and demonstrations.
We also believe that sustainable communities gain strength by encouraging all members to learn, work, grow, and just have fun together. Please support us in this effort.
For more information on who we are, please visit our website: