Just look at the some of the effects achieved thus far, most still anecdotally.
Some Potential Health Benefits of CBD:
- CBD has been found to be anti-spasmodic and antiepileptic, which could be beneficial for those who suffer from epilepsy, Dravet's Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), ALS, among others.
- At high doses (more than several hundred mg) CBD can be a sedative, and also helps insomniacs stay asleep longer. In low doses, CBD has been found to be alerting.
- CBD is effective as an anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) and relieving for nausea (anti-emetic)
- CBD is a powerful pain reliever (analgesic)
- CBD has been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth (anti-carcinogenic).
- CBD helps the immune system function more efficiently.
- CBD is a neuro-protectant and a powerful antioxidant. It has applications in treatment for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cerebral ischemia as well as brain and nerve damage from strokes.
- CBD is an anti-psychotic and recent research has indicated it is effective in treatment of schizophrenia.
- CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, MS, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders, to name a few.
- CBD as been found to be effective in treating gastrointestinal disorders like Irritable Bowel Disorder (IBD), Crohn's Disease, or Ulcerative Colitis.
There is finally some research underway on CBD. Read up on a lot of it here.
CBD - it's about being healthy, not high. They say that, as a rule, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. But there is an exception to every rule, except that one.