Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, February 13, 2015

Uber



Last night I registered with Uber for the first time and this morning summoned my first driver.  All you really need is a credit card and smartphone.

The car arrived in less than 4 minutes and quickly dropped me off at my destination.  It was a snap. 

In Houston, we have a choice of only three types of vehicles: uberX (the most expensive types of vehicles); uberSELECT (less expensive); and Black Car (least expensive).  I chose the Black Car, and a 3 mile trip cost me $19.  It might seem high, but when you factor everything in, it's not really that much.

My driver told me to not ever set up an automatic tip because, "the drivers never get it."  That seems wrong.  I wonder if it's true?

I wasn't sure how to use Uber until I found this simple "How to Use Uber" webpage on WikiHow.

If any of you want to sign up for Uber, use this referral code - 5umrk - and your first ride will be FREE. After you take your first ride, I will get a free ride. 

Happy Uber-ing! 

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching