Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fighting God

A couple of months ago I heard that David Silverman, the President of American Atheists, had written his first book and it would be out in early December.  It was going to be called, "Fighting God."

Well, like I have never done before, I pre-ordered the book on Amazon, and it was delivered last week.

It is what you might expect.  A direct, frontal assault on religion, and so far, it is fantastic. It's a direct call for atheists to "come out of the closet" and fight for their (our) rights, and David's combative style takes no prisoners and pulls no punches. I love it. We've been coddling the theists for too long.

It's likely that I will become even more outspoken about atheism in the remaining years of my life. The "nones" (those who profess no religious affiliation) in polling is now up to 23% (according to Pew Research), and it could be time to put the pedal to the metal.

I figure that freeing the world of shackles of religion is actually a very noble cause, and I just might dedicate myself to it.  We do what we can.

You could order the book here.


No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching