Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, March 17, 2013

kinder gentler Pope?

Ah so, we now have a "kinder, gentler" Pope.  (How hard is it really to appear kinder and gentler than Pope Joey Ratz?)  

But he still carries forward lots of backward, nutty ideas that very few people will ever pay attention to. I'd bet there are more "ex-Catholics" these days than there are Catholics.

I say very few.  Obviously, some will pay close attention.  For instance, on the local "news" the day they announced the new Pope, they did a remote shoot at a big Catholic church downtown.  One woman they chose to put on the air was saying, quite breathlessly, that "as soon as I heard the news of the new Pope I left work and literally ran to church so I could pray and say 'Thank God, we're not alone any longer!!'".  She almost had tears in her eyes.

She was praying to God, thanking God that, now that a new Pope had been named, she was no longer "Popeless" I guess.  Or leaderless.  Or ... brainless??

All I could do was to slowly shake my head.

And then the commentator says that Catholics "flocked" to the church after the announcement, and they cut to a shot inside the church.  It was huge, but it was only about 10% full.  This is "flocked?"  


No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching