Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, September 27, 2008

RIP Momma

This morning, September 27, 2008, shortly before noon, my mother passed away at age 80. She'd been battling non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma for the last few years of her life, and the chemo treatment became less and less effective over time. Finally, this last bit of "last-resort" chemo seemed to be her undoing.

We were all pretty well prepared for the end, but it's still hard. While I could not be with her the last few days of her life, my sister reported to me just yesterday that, three times, Momma was able to say, "Help me die."


Help me die.

Rest in peace, Momma.


I'll probably be away again for several more days with the family.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching