Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, September 19, 2008

When it rains....

This has been a trying month....

First we get hurricane Ike, destroying much of the area, including some friends homes, and leaving millions without power for days and days.

Then we get a financial hurricane, wiping out billions in 401k monies and other funds. The wife works in the biz, and has been going absolutely insane this week, trying to comfort retirees, among others, who have just lost major chunks of their retirements and portfolios.

Now I get word that my sweet little momma is in the hospital, and this one may be the last t
ime. She's been fighting non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma for awhile now, but has recently taken a turn for the worse, and is in the ICU.

Thought I post a few pictures of my sweet little momma. I do mean sweet. And little. She never got taller than 4'11", and in the last few years, she has shrunk down several more inches.


Here's the country girl from small-town Oklahoma, circa 1941, freckles and all.


1946, graduating from high school...



1949, pregnant with child #1 of 4.



1962, a family shot of all 6 of us, when my father was running for political office (I think I'm glad he never made it). Which one do you think is me?



And finally, a picture of her taken this past December, after she'd already lost all her hair from cancer treatment.



I'll be flying up to be with her for the next unknown period of time. We're taking some black clothing...just in case.


So I will be out of pocket again for several days. Don't know when I'll be back. This one is going to really be tough
.

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching