Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Skype/Google/Qik

Do you Skype?  The wife and I have just recently signed up for the service.  You can make Skype-to-Skype video and audio calls for FREE.  Now, I know that this is not exactly a new technology.  We're not first-adopters.  We let the technology get settled and refined before we dive in.  

We hooked up with my nephew, his wife, and their 3-month old baby girl recently.  We were in Arkansas, they were in D.C.  The immediacy of a live video signal is pretty cool.   That was a decent video signal, and we weren't really on a very high-speed internet signal.  Now, back at home, we clock at 25Mbps, and the signal should be much better.

Do I know you?  Do you Skype?  E-mail me.  We might just be tempted to pay them a few bucks to be able to have a group video.  

The only real drawback to Skype that I see is that it is ultimately owned by that ultimate of sleazebags, Rupert Murdoch.  



Alternatives are Google Talk (all you need is a Gmail account and a webcam) (and of course a high-speed internet connection) ...


and Qik Video (an Android app), also free and they don't benefit Republicans.  (I think)

No comments:

remember

remember

deja vu

deja vu

indeed

indeed

Probably

Probably

Delete Fox "News"

Delete Fox "News"

Smells really bad

Smells really bad

Applies to Trump

Applies to Trump

Trump is the enemy

Trump is the enemy

2024 Election

2024 Election

$132 billion

$132 billion

Remember

Remember

too true

too true

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.