Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Monday, September 12, 2016

Flor de Luna

The other day, I was driving home from work and Carlos Santana's song "Flor de Luna" (Moonflower) started playing on my iPod. I began to cry, like I always do when that song plays. 

We know Carlos dropped acid in the 1960's, which is likely where some of his most beautiful music came from.

Or maybe Carlos was experimenting with Datura, also known as Jimsonweed, Devil's Trumpet, and Moonflower. Shamans have been taking Datura for centuries. I'm not advocating anyone take Datura. LSD, yes. Datura, no. Datura sounds scary as hell, if taken incorrectly or in too large a dose. Ain't Mother Nature a hoot?

But anything that helped Carlos produce "Flor de Luna" cannot be all bad.

(some odd images here, but a helluva tune)



No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching