How to Enter a Lunker
If your fish meets the requirements listed below, call (903) 681-0550.
- The program is limited to largemouth bass weighing 13 pounds or more.
- Entries are accepted October 1 through April 30.
- The fish must be legally caught in Texas waters.
- Fish must be weighed on certified or legal-for-trade scales. Click here for assistance in finding scales, or visit our list of ShareLunker Weigh and Holding Stations. Certified scales are scales that have been certified as accurate by the Texas Department of Agriculture, the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) or a commercial scales calibration company.
- Call TPWD as soon as possible with your name, where the fish is located, a telephone number where you can be reached and when and where you caught the fish. Be sure to include your area code when leaving a message on the pager. A Texas Parks and Wildlife Department representative will respond within 12 hours.
- TPWD staff will be solely responsible for accepting a fish into the program based on the expectation that the fish will be able to survive and spawn. Fish held at Weigh and Holding Stations are not officially entered into the ShareLunker program until accepted by a TPWD representative.
- The angler must sign a release absolving all sponsors, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department employees of any liability resulting from the loss or death of the fish.
Benefits of Participation
The ShareLunker will be returned to the angler for live release, or the angler may donate it permanently to the program. Either way, the angler receives a fiberglass replica of the catch made by Lake Fork Taxidermy, ShareLunker clothing, and recognition at an annual awards banquet held at TFFC. In addition, the Texas resident catching the largest entry of the season is awarded a lifetime fishing license.
Visit the Texas Parks & Wildlife website for more.