Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, April 30, 2010

Tom Waits

I'm currently reading Jesse Ventura's book, "Don't Start the Revolution Without Me!"  I like it, and I agree with most of Jesse's ideas.  The book chronicles his and his wife's driving trip from Minnesota down to Baja California, where they currently are living, with flashbacks to his days as Minnesota Governor.  I wanted to check out his latest book, "American Conspiracies," but it's not yet available at the Houston Public Library, so I settled for Revolution.  

Each chapter begins with a quote, as many books do, and one chapter with a quote from Tom Waits just sticks in my mind:

"The trouble with history is that the people who really know what happened aren't talking, and the people who don't, you can't shut 'em up."

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching