Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God, No!

Toss another book on the fire! I mean, I finished reading another book!



This one, "God, No! Signs You May Already Be An Atheist, And Other Magical Tales" by Penn Jillette, of the Penn & Teller duo, is a delightful read. Yes, atheists can indeed have a sense of humor. AND they can have a moral code, despite what you may hear from the religionistas. OK, so Penn may be a sex maniac, rather obsessed with his cock, but that doesn't mean he has no morals!



I laughed. I cried. And I have to marvel at the persistence of the religious myths that pervade the world today. Still. After all this time. And all that science. As I get older, religious ideas just seem sillier and sillier. Penn doesn't methodically dissect religion in this book, but it's very entertaining, in a rather obscene way.


There's a decent review of the book here. If you are borderline atheist or agnostic, pick it up. If you're a Bible thumper, what the fuck are you doing here?

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching