Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Friday, July 20, 2012

Randi Shannon

I found this one at Veracity Stew.  Just when you think the Tea Party can't get any nuttier....

Iowa Republican Drops Out of Senate Race, Declares Herself a U.S. Senator

Randi Shannon - Self-appointed Senator of Iowa

OK, things just got certifiable over in the Tea Party Crazy Town. And I mean certifiable! Looney Tunes ain’t got nothin’ on this one!
Enter one Randi Shannon, a Republican candidate for Iowa’s 34th Senate district, whoannounced on Friday that she is dropping out of the senate race via her Facebook pageand an 1,800 word diatribe that claims the government is illegitimate (emphasis added):
Let me now announce to everyone in Iowa, I have become aware of the existence of the Original Republic for The United States of America.“We the People” re-inhabited our lawful de jure (de jur- “by right of lawful establishment”) government on March 30th, 2010. This is The Republic founded in 1787 and then abandoned during The Civil War in the 1860s.
It was then replaced in 1871 by the UNITED STATES CORPORATION. (de facto-without law). This Unlawful Corporate Democracy, established by the forty-first congress, has been acting as though it is the “official government” which clearly it is not! In point of fact, it is the reason why “We the People” Instead of Experiencing Freedom and Prosperity, suffer under the weight of Oppressive Statutes and an Out of Control, Monstrous National Debt which is Robbing Us and All Future Generations of Americans of Our Treasure and Our Legacy for which Our Founding Fathers’ so Valiantly Fought and Died.
But good news, people! A shadow government, the Republic of the United States of America, has been created and she has appointed herself to the position of Senator! Yippee!
Therefore, in order to affect the most good on behalf of The People of Iowa’s 34th District and in keeping with my conscience, I have accepted the position of U.S. Senator in The Republic of The United States of America, where I may better serve You and All of The People of Iowa. I want you to know I have taken an Oath to Uphold, Support and Defend The Constitution of The United States of America. This I will do to the best of my ability, So Help Me God.
[...]
By serving as your Senator in The Republic Congress, I am restrained to voting in line with Our Republic for The United States Constitution, which by the way does not contain the 14th Amendment or any thereafter as these are the product of “The De facto” UNITED STATES CORPORATION, and have no basis in Our Constitution. Therefore, “they are Their Problems” and when you join The Republic of The United States of America, they are no longer your problems! And as your Senator, I Proclaim here today that I am determined that “Their Problems” will never again become your problems in The Republic!
My mind is seriously blown right now, I have to say.
Therefore, “they are Their Problems” and when you join The Republic of The United States of America, they are no longer your problems!
So, from that statement, I can only assume that she and the other “citizens” of the “Republic of the United States” are seceding from the union, yes? Good! Can we kick them the hell out now? Or, are they just building a big, secret tree house somewhere in Iowa, where you have to have the secret password to get in, so they can pass secret notes to each other and decode them with their super-secret decoder rings?
Honestly, I cannot seem to put into words or vocalize the images going through my head right now, which are a mixture of lunatics running amok in an insane asylum, a bratty 10-year-old kid pitching a hissy-fit, some weirdo self-help guru ladling the kool-aid to his acolytes, and Daffy Duck running around with that goofy laugh of his.
C’mon! You know the one I’m talking about!

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching