Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, November 10, 2013

smoothies

A couple of weeks ago, I started on another smoothie kick.  Inspired by Mark Sisson and spurred on by DJ Cracker, I've been having them for lunch and have lost about five pounds over that period, and I haven't been having the usual after-lunch, afternoon "slump".

Of course, actually getting out and exercising again has helped a lot, thanks to my company finally opening up a gym on the 3rd floor of our building in downtown Houston.  It's far too easy to slip into a sedentary lifestyle.  

My favorite smoothie recipe, from Mark Sisson, with a little alteration:

1 cup raspberries
2 dozen blueberries
4-5 medium-sized strawberries
4-5 blackberries (optional)
10 oz. cold water
44 grams of Primal FuelTM

Put it all in a blender and liquify.  I then put it in a large glass and add a few ice cubes to keep it cold.  It's quite delicious and really does fill me up.  I've been have a smoothie almost every day for lunch.   

One other key has been the total elimination of bread from our diet.  We are trying to go totally gluten-free, but that can be a challenge, as you will find gluten in an enormous number of items, from foods to cosmetics to shampoos.  

Primal Fuel is the creation of Mark Sisson.  My favorite flavor is the Chocolate/Coconut.  Here is the nutrient breakdown for Primal Fuel.


No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching