Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Goodbye Health Kick

The Health Kick Hybrid tomato plant produced a massive amount of fruit. We simply lost track of how many fruits were on this plant, but....eventually, every single fruit was afflicted with blossom end-rot. We did lose a few early on to caterpillars, but although we got the wild cats under control, there seemed to be nothing we could do about the blossom end-rot.

We regularly fertilized the tomato plants with a specially formulated tomato food and were meticulous about watering, so...we really don't know why the blossom end-rot persisted, but it did, right up to the end.

So, yesterday, we destroyed the plant. I always feel a little strange when I pull up a plant. Plants have a life essence, and while they don't talk to me (even though I talk to them), I still feel a certain reverence.


No comments:

remember

remember

deja vu

deja vu

indeed

indeed

Probably

Probably

Delete Fox "News"

Delete Fox "News"

Smells really bad

Smells really bad

Applies to Trump

Applies to Trump

Trump is the enemy

Trump is the enemy

2024 Election

2024 Election

$132 billion

$132 billion

Remember

Remember

too true

too true

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.