Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Spring Break 2017

Yikes! I'm starting to hear horror stories about Spring Break on South Padre Island (SPI). About 10-15 years ago, SPI reached its peak. Nowadays, SPI is not the "go-to" place, but the crowds will still be big.

Should we vacate the island or hang tough? If we stay, everyone says to "stock up" so you don't have to go to the store during the onslaught. Stay or go, the week of March 11, centered on March 15, looks to be the epicenter for Texas schools.

Here's a guide to Spring Break 2017.

When is your Spring Break?

UME 2017

Disco Donnie Presents and Global Groove Events

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM - Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 2:00 AM (CDT)

Our world welcomes you from March 15-18th for a larger than life Spring Break celebration at Clayton’s Outdoors. For the 2017 edition we’re expanding to a larger location to make room for our massive seaside festival.

Join thousands of fellow Spring Breakers on the shores of South Padre Island to party ’til your heart’s content over four nights of unforgettable dance music. Buckle up for a wild ride soundtracked by top-tier headliners from every corner of the globe. This past UME featured DJ Snake closing out the official pre-party, a lucky Kaskade show on St. Patty’s Day, and a double-dose of Marshmello among so much more


  • Event: Ultimate Music Experience 2017
  • Date: March 15-18, 2017
  • Venue: Clayton's Outdoors
  • Age Policy: 16+ (Proper ID Required. See below for acceptable forms.)
  • Weather: Rain or Shine (Excluding Life Threatening Weather)
  • Lineup: Artists and music performances are subject to change


    • United States Passport.
    • DHS "Trusted Traveler" Card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST).
    • United States Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians).
    • Permanent Resident Card Border Crossing Card.
    • DHS-Designated Enhanced Driver's License.
    • Driver's Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent (Paper ID's are not permitted).
    • Native American Tribal Photo ID.
    • A foreign government-issued passport.
    • Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card.
    • Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
    • Mexican Consulate ID (Only Permitted with a secondary form of ID - EX: School ID).\

No comments: