Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sum


Just finished reading another book, this one called, "Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives."

It is pretty much what the title says: forty different (short) stories/scenarios pondering and describing what happens when we die.  

All of them were written by David Eagleman, a neuroscientist currently residing just down the street from me in Houston, Texas.

The book is a quick and easy read.  I won't say that it is all that thought-provoking, because I seriously cannot remember many of the stories, but it's a fun read.  It's a bit like brain candy, tossing around quick shots and impressions about what happens when we die.  

As an atheist, I have to say I have no idea what happens when we die, but odds are that everything (for you) simply ends.  No fluffy clouds or all-day harping and singing.  No virgins at your beck and call. Just. Nothing. And I'm OK with that.  You should be too.

Eagleman describes himself as a Possibilianwhich occupies some space other than atheism and agnosticism. And here's a video on Possibilitarianism, .  And all I can say to that is, "it's possible."  

No comments:

He's always watching

He's always watching