Never pass up a chance to sit down or relieve yourself. -old Apache saying

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sum


Just finished reading another book, this one called, "Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives."

It is pretty much what the title says: forty different (short) stories/scenarios pondering and describing what happens when we die.  

All of them were written by David Eagleman, a neuroscientist currently residing just down the street from me in Houston, Texas.

The book is a quick and easy read.  I won't say that it is all that thought-provoking, because I seriously cannot remember many of the stories, but it's a fun read.  It's a bit like brain candy, tossing around quick shots and impressions about what happens when we die.  

As an atheist, I have to say I have no idea what happens when we die, but odds are that everything (for you) simply ends.  No fluffy clouds or all-day harping and singing.  No virgins at your beck and call. Just. Nothing. And I'm OK with that.  You should be too.

Eagleman describes himself as a Possibilian, which occupies some space other than atheism and agnosticism. And here's a video on Possibilitarianism, .  And all I can say to that is, "it's possible."  

No comments:

remember

remember

deja vu

deja vu

indeed

indeed

Probably

Probably

Delete Fox "News"

Delete Fox "News"

Smells really bad

Smells really bad

Applies to Trump

Applies to Trump

Trump is the enemy

Trump is the enemy

2024 Election

2024 Election

$132 billion

$132 billion

Remember

Remember

too true

too true

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.

Didn't realize the GOP hated America so much.